Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame 2020

Now before everyone gangs up on me in defense of Whitney Houston, I have nothing against her. But she does not belong in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. When was she ever considered a rock and roll artist? Wouldn't you think that if she was, you would hear "Saving All My Love For You" and "I Will Always Love You" on the same station as Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Guns N Roses...? Whitney Houston in the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame is akin to Metallica being inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. See how absurd that sounds? There are so may deserving rock and roll performers who are worthy and deserving of this honor - Lou Gramm & Foreigner, Pat Benatar... overlooked again. I was so thrilled when Rush was inducted in 2012, because now maybe the world would see and appreciate what Rush fans have loved for 40 years. The passing of Neil Peart last week has brought them back into the "Limelight", but I just want my "Juke Box Hero" Lou Gramm in there.




No comments:

Post a Comment