Thursday, April 7, 2022

Miami, My Amy

Someone, please tell me why this song is going viral??? I heard it for the first time in over 30 years when it started playing on my wife's phone a few weeks ago. Being that I could "name that tune" in 3 notes, I got out my phone and pulled up the video for "Miami, My Amy", by Keith Whitley, a song released in 1985. I was proud of myself for remembering such obscurity, and then forgot about it again until a few days later, when a snippet started playing again. And again. And again! Why??? I don't know much about TikTok other than my wife has the app and watches it, but I have better things to do with my life than walk round with Miami, My Amy stuck in my head! It is more annoying than when a co-worker put "Barbie Girl" on repeat for 30 minutes straight or Tim McGraw whining to "Please Don't Take The Girl". Is the late Keith Whitley's estate benefitting from this at all? He recorded several songs which are much better picks to be introduced to a new generation of fans. I know nobody asked, but here are my two choices:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment